* The Leopards will play the penultimate match of the Patriot League regular season on Sunday afternoon at Reeves Field in Washington, D.C. when they face American University. The two teams are among six battling for the two remaining berths in the postseason tournament.
* Lafayette has won the most recent two meetings between the programs. Alex Stanford
, Katie Brannigan
and Krista Kissell
all netted goals in the 3-1 win over the Eagles in 2017. Stanford also contributed a marker in a 3-0 victory over American in 2016.
* Boston University, Bucknell, Colgate and Navy have all clinched a spot in the six-team Patriot League Women's Soccer Tournament which will take place from October 30 through November 4. The remaining six schools are all in contention for the final two spots with two league games remaining.
* American features the most prolific scorer in the Patriot League in senior Yari Bradfield. Through 15 games, Bradfield has 12 goals which is tied for 12th nationally. The 12 goals is twice as many as Navy's Baseley McClaskey. Alex Stanford
is among a trio of PL players with five.
* Lafayette was picked to finish seventh in the Patriot League, three spots ahead of American, in the annual preseason poll of coaches and sports information directors. The Leopards have defeated Bucknell in league play and the Eagles own a victory over Holy Cross and ties against Boston U. and Loyola.